Thursday, May 13, 2010

Are you talking about my momma?

While she may not have been as blessed as the Virgin Mary. She was truthful, in fact the most truthful person around that I and the folks around where we lived if asked she would be in the top three. So it was with the matter of fact way she went about describing her sighting that threw people off when they realized what she was describing. The wife of an aircraft designer on the west coast for 12 years. Though not highly educated herself she was interested in her husbands work and would spend time in and around the airport watching and discussing aircraft and what projects he was working. So my mother was a bit stunned by the looks on the people's faces as she told her story to them. She would remark after whoever it was had left that she didn't think that they believed her. Although there was no reason for them not to believe her.
Now here's the most incredible part... I'm not sure I would have believed her either and she's my mom, if I had not been standing there beside her when she looked up in the sky to the south and just casually said,"Is that one of those flying saucer things they were talking about on TV the other day?" My jaw just dropped open and there it was. Huge , Round, Dome thing on top, better than anything I had ever seen on television.
Mom had gone back to whatever she was talking about and I had to get her to look again, it was then she too realized that it was different. Mostly in that it was really close (1/2 mile) and low to the ground (1000ft), she noticed there was no noise coming from the craft. Also its size, 100 yd. long, 10 yd. deep approx. We asked each other questions while this was going on I think because neither on of us could believe that something like we were seeing could actually be there doing what this thing was doing. It was however there and I did get in the car and follow for some time until stopping I called police and reported what I saw and that may on hindsight may have been a mistake because being out in the sticks and late 70's as well I was laughed at a little by the police. To be honest if I had heard the story I told the police and had not been there to see it myself I might have laughed at me as well.
Mom was a different thing altogether. She had excellent vision and it was a clear evening sky. She described the craft very well. Its motion , direction, size, shape, very clear and concise. 
When she would finish people would just nod their head in agreement because they were not sure what to make of it all. It was the life of honesty that came before this happened that made people uneasy. After it happened she didn't really talk about it much. Never went out of her way to read or learn any more about what we saw. Just didn't impact her the way it did myself and others she told. She did think we saw something special as to what it was she thought we would know one day and was OK about waiting to find out. But my mom was patient like that. It was one of the things that made her such a great mom.

"We watch the skies because they exist"

No comments: